1. No limescale means cleaner shower heads, cleaner faucets and cleaner pipes.
Not only does everything look better but it works better as well.
Limescale will make every tap stiffer as it ingrains itself into the threads of taps.
2. Limescale is a great insulator. Not so good when it cakes the heating elements inside your hot water system. As result it takes more heat to heat the same volume of water and the situation gets worse as more limescale builds up. This is not good and not cheap for you.
3. The skin and hair have natural oils secreted by the skin and hair to lubricate and act as a protective barrier. Hard water acts like an abrasive scrubbing those protective layers away.
With soft water, your skin feels fresh, clean and supple and you’ll use less soap products too. Soft water is recommended for people with eczema as it can help alleviate some of those symptoms.
4. You spend less time cleaning. Scrubbing in awkward places, over and over. Shower heads, stainless steel worktops and glass shower walls are the worst. And ceramic wall tiles have powdery skin on the surface. Soft water eliminates this tedious task once and for all and saves the cost of all those expensive cleaners.
5. Clothes washed in hard water are damaged by the abrasive action of limescale. The fibers in your clothing become damaged and as a result clothes will quite quickly feel rough to the touch. Soft water results in cleaner garments, uses less water and no longer need that fabric softener, saving you money as well.
6. You’ll use less soap and detergents with soft water. With hard water part of the job of the cleaners is to neutralize the effects of the limescale. Because of this you have to use more cleaner to get the same foaminess as for soft water. The result is it’s cheaper for you and more environmentally friendly.